Contract Signature


Personal Injury & Compensation Law


WorkCover insurance covers workers who are injured physically and/or psychologically, while performing their duties at work. Injured workers are able to claim compensation regardless of who is at fault for their injury.

All Victorian workers, who are employed on a full-time, part-time and casual basis, are entitled to compensation under the WorkCover scheme.

If you sustain a new injury and/or illness, or an aggravation or acceleration of a pre-existing injury or condition in the course of your employment, you are likely to be entitled to workers compensation.

It can often be a stressful experience, for yourself and also your family. Thus workers compensation is aimed to support injured workers and to assist them in returning back to the workforce. 

At Yabio Lawyers, our WorkCover Lawyers will be able to maximise the benefits you receive in workers compensation claims giving you a peace of mind.  Contact us today for a free, no obligation telephone call with one of WorkCover lawyers.


Transport Accident Commission (TAC)

In Victoria, the government has established the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) to provide entitlements and support to people injured in motor vehicle accidents, including cyclists and pedestrians.

If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident you may have a claim for compensation, whether you were at fault or not, you still may be entitled to claim compensation for:

  • Medical and related expenses

  • Loss of earnings and earning capacity

  • A lump sum for permanent injury, called an ‘impairment benefit’.

We understand our clients rely on us to get the best outcome that’s why our TAC compensation lawyers will focus on getting you the benefits and compensation you’re entitled to.



If you cannot work due to an injury or illness, if you are not able to work or return to your normal work duties due to an injury, illness or disability you may be entitled to make a claim through your superannuation, regardless of how your injury, illness or medical condition came about. You may be eligible to claim superannuation insurance benefits as most superannuation and insurance policies have benefits to protect you in circumstances where you are unable to work.

You may be entitled to a range of benefits through your superannuation that includes:

  • Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)

  • Income Protection (IP)

  • Death


To be eligible to claim, your policy simply needs to be in force either at the date last worked or the date of injury.

Under your superannuation policy, you might be entitled to receive a lump sum or monthly payments in addition to any WorkCover, TAC or Centrelink payments that you may be receiving.

At Yabio Lawyers, we have superannuation lawyers that assist you with your superannuation policy and identify which of these insurance benefits you might be able to claim under you policy.


Public Liability

Public liability law covers a range of situations where a person has been injured due to the negligence of someone else in private premises or in public places. Individuals and businesses alike all have a duty to take care of the safety of others.

If you have incurred personal injury due to an accident or incident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries through a public liability claim.

Public liability insurance covers businesses that occupy the property (and in some instances may also include private residences). If you are injured due to the negligence of someone else in a public place, or in someone else’s property, you may be able to claim lump-sum compensation. Injuries can arise due to falling or misplaced objects, exposure to dangerous/hazardous material, potholes and inadequate maintenance, slips, trips and falls, neck injuries, back injuries, muscle injuries, food poisoning, sexual and physical assaults or psychological injuries.

It is the responsibility of the individual who owns (and/or manages),  company, or governing body, of  the public area to maintain it in such a way that it is suitable for use by the general public. Therefore, they are responsible for any accidents that occur on their premises.

If you have suffered a personal injury, it could mean that anyone responsible for that public place has failed to fulfil their duty to protect you. Thus who exactly should be held liable for this will depend on where the accident occurred.

Owners of property which is accessible to the general public should have adequate insurance coverage that can be used to compensate members of the public in the unfortunate event they sustain an injury whilst on the property due to negligence.

At Yabio Lawyers, our public liability lawyers may be able to assist you with your personal injury matter.

Contact us today

Contact us today for your free, no obligation initial consultation.